Thursday, July 18, 2013

Sewin The Blues For Andrew

My son Andrew was down to visit us a week ago, he has done so many wonderful things for us, I want to give back to him.  He is kind, thoughtful, generous and I have said this before, but it bears repeating, I am grateful to be his mother. 

I was looking through the Spring 2013 issue of Modern Patchwork and I asked him if he liked any of the quilts in the issue.  Andrew has a very modern estethic.  It was fun to see what he picked out! He loved this quilt by Alyssa Lichner called Retro Rubies. I loved the pebble quilting!

Are you surprised?  I wasn't.  He loves the 70's vibe and this reminds him of that era, the Nut Tree and Coffee Tree in Vacaville, a favorite stop along Highway 80 and their graphic designs, now no longer in existence.



Modern Patchwork magazine, I think it's one of my new favorites! You really get the bang for your buck, packed full of great ideas, not just quilts but other items as well.  Great instructions, pattens and lots and lots of full color pictures!

Now the discussion of fabric and colors.  I broke out my Kona Cotton Color Sampler and asked him to pick out the colors he wanted.  I don't want to guess.  And he quickly pointed to the range of blues that he wanted!  Yea!  


So Andrew, your fabric has arrived, here are your selections. Time to make any last minute changes before I get to cutting.


Andrew's blues on the Ash Grey.


More to be revealed!


2 comments:

  1. just finished this quilt and it is so SO much fun - I too love that magazine, you reminded me I want to try to subscribe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's going to love it. I miss the Nut Tree. We used to stop there on our way to vacation when I was a kid. Such fun memories.

    ReplyDelete