Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Merry Medley Quilt Top



Just before Christmas, I was at our local quilt shop in Colfax, The Whistle Stop Quilt and Sew.  They had a drawing, if you purchased fabric, you could put your name in for a drawing for one of several prizes.  They always have something fun going on, a free pattern or drawing or special on fabric.   Well, I WON!  I won the Quilt Pattern and Fabric to make the Merry Medley Quilt Top.  It went together in a zip and I think it's very pretty!  It will be a nice addition next Christmas for us to snuggle under and will always remind me of  The Whistle Stop Quilt and Sew in Colfax, CA and the owners Suzanne Maguire and her husband Larry.  They are just the nicest people you could ever want to meet!   It's a fun little shop and Suzanne and her staff are so very helpful.


The pattern for the quilt top, Merry Medley by Sandy Gervais. was quick and easy.  It has a lovely knot like effect surrounding a center panel piece.  I think I will make this quilt again, using some different fabrics for a year round quilt.  It would make a nice gift for someone too!  A good weekend quilt and suitable for a beginner!  Can't wait to get my machine back from the shop so I can quilt this up!  Thanks Suzanne and Larry!

If you want to know what's going on at their place you can check in online at http://www.whistlestopquiltandsew.com/  or go by their shop located at 54 North Main Street in Historic Downtown Colfax, CA!

No comments:

Post a Comment