Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 Time To Reflect and Plan


Wow, I just noticed that I had not posted a photo of my finished Craftsy BOM on my blog!  Well, here it is, I have it pinned to the batting and backing, just waiting for my machine to get out of the shop for the quilting!  So happy with how it turned out, I love the blue batik for the sashing.  Not sure about the binding until I get it quilted, then I will sort that out.  But absolutely delighted with it.  


Here is a picture of the backing fabric.  No one can say it doesn't grab your attention!  I picked out a very royal plummy purple.   This will be fun to snuggle under!  The other quilt top that is ready to go is my take on the Swoon.  I will be sashing and bordering with black.   



All my UFO's...just waiting for my machine!  I Hope They Hurry!!!

I have decided that along with teaching a quilting class this year, I want to do a couple of BOM's for myself.  I have two selected and a possible 3rd and 4th.  I will be doing the 2013 Sugar Block Club.


This is a subscription that will come via e-mail from the same instructor that taught the Craftsy BOM, Amy Gibson from http://www.stitcherydickorydock.com  Amy just had twin boys and has two other children as well...I don't know how she manages to be so very creative!   She has a wonderful blog and I enjoy her work.



The next one that I am doing is a Vintage Block Quilt Along with Charise Creates.   Charise also has a wonderful blog at http://charisecreates.blogspot.com Each of these blocks are absolutely delightful and challenging.



I am also toying with making the Camelot Quilt.  It's hand pieced, we will see how my temperament and my hands hold out.  Here is a picture of the pattern, it is absolutely lovely.  The pattern cost about $45. US dollars, so it will have to wait for a payday or two.  I get excited looking on Flickr at all the work that others are doing on their blocks!
I will be teaching paper piecing this year, and I did see a new pattern by Amy Ellis called Dancing Stars.  Very clean and modern. The pattern is free and would be a GREAT way to use up some scraps that are about.  So I may undertake that one as well...we will see.  Pattern is downloaded and ready to go.   Amy also has a wonderful blog at 
http://amyscreativeside.com

So it's going to be an exciting year!  Let's all pray that everyone in my family can remain upright this year, no scraped knees or broken arms and we will be doing great!  Can't wait to see all my gals at the first class this month!


3 comments:

  1. HI Karen!
    LOVE seeing all you've finished. The Craftsy quilt is so vibrant and beautiful! When is the first January class? Looking forward to seeing you again. I am still working on finishing my quilt from 2012. The holidays kinda got in my way. Hope you get your machine back soon.

    You are so talented. Thanks for sharing your patterns and recipes. See you soon, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy! We will be meeting this coming Friday, Jan 18...with a field trip to a fabric shop the following Friday! Can't wait to see everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete