Saturday, October 8, 2011

Fall Pumpkins


It's Fall, my favorite time of year.  I have been getting out all of the autumnal decorations and thinking about some new ones.  I saw this cute pumpkin blogged about here:  The Cottage Home  .  I put the link on my Face Book page, which is where I store links for quick referral and kind of forgot about it.  One of the gals that I work with came in to the office and low and behold, she had made several in different sizes.  They were absolutely too cute!  So this weekend, I decided I would make some for myself.  Instead of using heavy weight home dec fabric, I used cotton that I had on hand.   Instead of using felt leaves, I decided I liked the color of the silk leaves I had on hand.  Instead of using twine, I used raffia to tie the pumpkin segments, I had it on hand.  And yes, instead of the felt stems, I used pipe cleaners...yes, I had them on hand.  I just adapted the design to use what I had.  We live a half hour from town and I didn't want to drive in.  I think they turned out cute!

Tomorrow I will be making several more in different sizes...they go together in literally minutes and I think they would make a delightful centerpiece scattered down the middle of my table for Halloween and Thanksgiving!

Speaking of Thanksgiving, I want to express my thanks to all that remembered us in their thoughts and prayers this past month.  My husband was very ill and underwent two surgeries in less that 2 weeks.  It was a scary time but he is home from the hospital and making a full recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment